From Austin to Oz. I'm planning to flee the country for 7 months - working for 4 and traveling for 3.
Departure = 03 Sep 2003 / Re-entry = 03 Apr 2004

Wednesday, December 17, 2003

Mexico

Today, biking back from running errands in the CBD (Central Bidness District / Downtown), I noticed about 5 people carrying several Christmas-themed piñatas in their hands - hollow shapes of Christmas trees, candy-filled stockings, candy canes, and gingerbread men made from paper mâché and colo(u)red tissue paper. Each hand clasped around 4 of the hanging strings making bright Mexican bouquets of candy-filled fun.

I am a bit surprised that piñatas are so popular and available in Australia. I shouldn't be as surprised as I am due to the high consumption of Corona beer here. Yes, Corona! A helluva heap more popular that anything by Anheiser Busch. In fact, almost never do I see Budweiser beer at the liquor store or pub. Good. Riddance. Busch.

PS: I saw some bloke on Queen Street today wearing a shirt that advertised a store named "Beaver Liquor". HA!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home