From Austin to Oz. I'm planning to flee the country for 7 months - working for 4 and traveling for 3.
Departure = 03 Sep 2003 / Re-entry = 03 Apr 2004

Tuesday, October 28, 2003

relief

I quit my job. Four days after I began.

No regrets.

The job just didn't fit. Promises of quick money in just days did not justify the long hours, daily footpain, sunburnt lips, a tie in 34C degree weather. My quality of life diminished; I did not travel all the way to the other corner of the globe to work 60-80+ hours a week.

This job really wasn’t made for me and vice-versa. I am too much of a nature boy, smelling flowers, looking at spiders and crickets, listening to crows and lorikeets, petting dogs and cats, watching people go by, following butterflies, sniffing and staring at frangipanis, etc. Knocking on doors and making sales got in my way of enjoying my walkabouts.

There will be other jobs. To me, a job is a means of making money. It is not my identity.

In fact, I’ve already applied online for two places: one at the Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary and one at the Tangaloomba Wild Dolphin Resort (40km from Brisbane).

(P.S. If you are curious of how much money I made after four 10-hour days of peddling discount cards, the total is AUS$65 / US$45.50)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home